620 Scottsville West Henrietta Rd
Scottsville, NY 14546
Lucretia Galbraith, Head Trainer
Lucretia was born in 1978 to the legendary harness horse trainer/driver Clint Galbraith and well known harness horse breeder Barbara Galbraith of Rodney Farms. Clint is in the Harness Horse Hall of Fame in the US and Canada. He is best known for training and driving Niatross. Besides running Rodney Farms, Barbara finds time to be on the board of the NYS Horse Council and Harness Horse Breeder of NY. Lucretia was raised on a farm that since her birth has never had less than 200 horses and spent the majority of her childhood with a horse by her side. As a teenager she spent her summers grooming for her father learning the strict care for the magnificent racing equine. She also became heavily involved in the breeding program becoming the stallion handler in the breeding shed in 1995. Starting her show career at the age of 8 she started out in the hunter ring and later joined Pony Club moving on to eventing and found her passion for dressage. With a great love for the equine she is now a very accomplished rider.
- USDF Bronze Medal Rider
- 2001 Rider of the Year
- 2002 USEA East Coast Open and overall Novice Champion
- 2004 Dressage at Saratoga Reserve Champion Third level Open
- 2005 WNYDA Professional and Open Rider of the Year
- 2005 WNYDA Fourth level Champion
- 2006 60% at PSG. She went to work for Gunnar Ostergaard before achieving 2nd 60% for Silver medal and then mount had foal and owner kept as broodmare.
- 2007 Rider of the Year
- 2008 Unlimited Style (5 yr old) - undefeated at First level, trained and shown by Lucretia
- 2009 WNYDA Rider of the Year
- 2009 Professional Rider of the Year
- CEASARO - 4 yr old Lipizzan cross WNYDA Champion Training level Horse of the Year
- RAINTREE SAM I AM - WNYDA Reserve Champion Training Level Horse of the Year Champion at the Western NY Morgan Horse Show
- LUCRETIA GALBRAITH - WNYDA Rider of the Year and WNYDA Professional Rider of the Year
- Ceasaro - Showing First level scoring 72% at last show and 5 yr old Materiale Class
- Emma - Showing Training level and 3 yr old Materiale Class
- RAINTREE SAM I AM - Showing First level
Shane Ogden, Western Trainer
Shane Ogden came to us in 2008 from Ocala Florida. Shane started his career in the thoroughbred world next to his father and other great trainers. He found his calling in the western performance horse world and left the race world. He takes his time and really gets the most out of his horses.
In the racing world I didn't like seeing young horses pushed as hard as they could go just for money. There is no reason for it. It should be more about the welfare of the horse than the money. You know when you are working with these great animals you cant have a time table. They are like a child, you wouldn't ask a 10 year old to go to college. So why would you so why ask a young horse? I was taught old school horsemanship from my father. I have tried other ways and found that works better for me. If you scare a horse into doing something do you really expect him to want to do it again? Horses have been my life for the past 25 years and I love it. I chose to come to River View Stable because of the horsemanship that Lucretia has established here. I would be glad to help you with all of your horse needs.
Hope to see you in the barn soon!
-- Shane Ogden
If your looking to get the most from your horse Shane will teach you and your horse. Shane gives lessons five days a week Mon-Sat and 9-7 pm. His training program is 5 day/week after the first two weeks. The first two weeks are spent getting to know the horse and three days of training.
Sarah Fischetto, Assistant Instructor
Sarah has been riding for 15 years and competing for 10. She started at Riverview in 2004 and has been training under Lucretia in dressage and eventing. She started riding in NJ doing Hunter Jumpers and moved to NY to start eventing. She worked at a riding camp for three years teaching horsemanship to girl scouts and now works as the assistant instructor and working student. She has two horses at Riverview. Hannah is a 18 yr old thoroughbred mare she purchased 8 years ago and Emma is a 5 yr old Trakhner-Lipizzaner mare that Lucretia bred in 2007.
Merrick Sadler, Working Student
Merrick has been riding since she was five: started English while living in the UK with her family and got her first horse in her teens, a 3 yr old Quarter Horse gelding. She rode dressage and hunter jumper. Past summers she has been a riding instructor for beginner to intermediate hunter jumper riders at Grier Summer Camp in Tyrone, PA. She rides both English and Western and has been training under Shane in reining since 2012.